King trumpets and Shimeji mushrooms sautéed to perfection, enhanced with vegan butter and miso. Finished with vegan cheese and herbs.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Inspired by paella we use risoni aka orzo to cook up this hearty meal. It is so easy, I didn’t even use aromatics on this one. The flavors of the mushrooms really infused well with the texture of the risoni. We ended up with a creamy and umami dish similar to paella and risotto.
You can use Arborio rice instead of Risoni but be mindful of the water ratio. Using Risoni is much more forgiving and hard to mess up. I just eyeballed the water ratio here roughly around 1:1. Finish it off with vegan cheese of any kind. I used vegan shaved Parmesan and Mozzarella. As for herbs feel free to add dill, cilantro or alfalfa sprouts.
What you need
- Olive oil
- Vegan butter
What you do
- Sauté Mushrooms seasoning as you go.
- Add miso and vegan butter to the pan.
- Give it a good mix then add risoni.
- Add veg stock or water and stir thoroughly.
- Put lid on and simmer till fully cooked.
- Finish with some herbs and vegan cheese.
- 1 King Trumpet Mushroom
- 1 Shimeji Mushrooms
- 5 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Pack Orzo
- 3 tablespoon miso
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 tablespoon seasoning of your choice
- 3 Cups liquid, stock, or water
- Cut up mushrooms and sauté in a pan with olive oil. Seasoning as you go.
- Add miso & Vegan butter, stir thoroughly.
- Add orzo, give it a good stir and the orzo a light toast. It will add to the flavor. Add liquid. Cover and simmer till orzo is fully cooked.
- Add vegan cheese, cut up herbs and some vegan butter.
- let cool and enjoy!