Breakfast burritos are always a good idea. Making it vegan is making it better! Thanks to our good friends at Nutcase Vegan for these amazing conscious forward thinking products!
Why you will love this
- Easy to make! Convenient and can be made ahead of time.
- It uses Nutcase Vegan mind blowing flavor and nutrition.
- All the flavor and texture of your favorite breakfast food with no animals harmed.
- It opens up all ideas and possibilities for wraps.
- Will give you a good boost of energy as a breakfast meal, it is hearty, tasty and packed with flavor.
What is Nutcase Vegan?
Crafted by two MDs.
We were dedicated locavores; after viewing Food Inc in 2010, our daughter announced she was a vegetarian from that day forward. As physicians with teenagers, we sought a healthy, fulfilling meat alternative to recreate our favorite dishes. We crafted a tree nut, brown rice and quinoa based ground “meat” that is made from whole foods, healthy and satisfying. At Nutcase Vegan Meats, we are committed to creating the highest quality organic, kosher, non-GMO foods for you to enjoy! from: Nutcasevegan.com
Why Eat Whole-Food, Plant-Based?
- Prevent development of and/or reverse chronic medical disease such as high blood pressure, heart disease, type II diabetes, fatty liver, visceral obesity, and more.
- Optimize your immune system and your micro biome
- Whole-Food, Plant-Based diet reduces carbon footprint and conserves water resources
- Supports local and organic farming practices
Resources to check out:
Michael Greger MD - NutritionFacts.org
Neil Barnard MD
Dean Ornish MD
- Nutcase Vegan - The star of our dish. This where most of the flavor will come from.
- Beans - I used cannellini beans. feel free to use black beans or shat ever you have in your pantry.
- Onions - Adds sweetness and aroma.
- Tortilla - I used flour tortilla, but there are much healthier options out there. Like Almond tortilla, cashew and such.
- Just Egg - my favorite egg substitute! there’s a lot out there but Just Egg is still the best by far.
- Greens - Vitamins and minerals from Greens are a must!
- Sauté onions and tomatoes. The tomatoes are optional. Add in Nutcase Vegan. Brown them as to develop flavor even more. Feel free to season as you go. Add in beans and greens, seasoning as you go. Pour Just egg, stirring ever so gently this time so as to not make the egg crumbly. Add Vegan cheese.
- Roll em up in tortilla like a burrito and toast each side and voila!
- Instead of tofu scramble, you can use chickpea flour to make a vegan omelette or use plant-based protein alternatives like tempeh or seitan.
- If you prefer not to use vegan cheese, you can omit it or substitute with mashed avocado for creaminess.
- Feel free to customize the sautéed vegetables based on your preferences or what you have on hand.
- Add black beans or refried beans for extra protein and flavor.
- Include roasted sweet potatoes or hash browns for a heartier wrap.
- Experiment with different sauces or spreads like vegan mayo, hummus, or tahini dressing.
- Incorporate vegan breakfast sausage or vegan bacon for a more savory twist.
- Can I make these wraps ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the components in advance and assemble the wraps when ready to eat. Keep the ingredients separate and store them in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Can I freeze the wraps? It's best to freeze the individual components separately rather than the assembled wraps. This way, you can thaw and assemble them fresh when needed.
- Can I make these wraps gluten-free? Absolutely! Look for gluten-free tortillas or wraps, or use lettuce leaves or collard greens as a gluten-free alternative.
- Can I add other vegetables or ingredients? Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and add any vegetables, herbs, or spices that you enjoy. The recipe is versatile and can be customized to your taste preferences.
Remember to always check the labels of packaged ingredients to ensure they are vegan-friendly. Enjoy your delicious vegan breakfast wraps!
Vegan breakfast wrap
- 16 Oz Just egg
- 1 whole Onions
- 1 Can Beans
- 1 Pack Nutcase Vegan
- 1 Drizzle Olive oil
- 4 Pcs Tortilla
Make Breakfast Vegan Wrap filling
- Sauté minced onions in pan with olive oil. Bloom and sweat the onions till translucent and aromatic. Cut up nutcase vegan meat and add it along with the beans to the pan. Keep on stirring till you notice some browning. Add Just egg and proceed as if you were cooking scrambled eggs. This is where you do some magic and add your secret spices. I’m into Mushroom seasoning lately.16 Oz Just egg, 1 whole Onions, 1 Pack Nutcase Vegan, 1 Drizzle Olive oil, 1 Can Beans
Assemble roll and toast
- Make rolls using tortilla as you would roll a burrito or any other type of things you would roll back in the day. Whatever you roll is none of my business, just make it with love and not too packed. Joking aside, we are now ready to toast the sides of your rolls. Slightly brown each side of your vegan wrap on a vegan buttered cast iron pan. When all sides are toasted set it aside and you may slice it in the middle, wrap in foil to retain heat.4 Pcs Tortilla