This creamy velvety cashew cream spaghetti is paired with some tomatoes and Lion’s Mane mushrooms. Add some fresh herbs and you are good to go.
What is cashew cream?
Cashew cream is a vegan alternative to traditional dairy cream. It is made from raw cashews that have been soaked overnight and blended until smooth and creamy. Cashew cream has a rich, nutty flavor and can be used in a variety of dishes, both sweet and savory. It can be used as a topping for desserts such as pies and cakes, or as a base for sauces and soups. Cashew cream can also be used in baking recipes to add richness without the use of dairy products.
What you need and how to make cashew cream
Cashew cream will be your go to in creating creamy vegan dishes. All you need is some cashews, blitzed with water and some salt. This will be your mother sauce, like the béchamel. You can then infuse it with truffle oil, a little bbq, lemons, curry powder, the possibilities are endless. So learn and practice the habit of blitzing cashews, it can totally level up your vegan cooking at home.
What is in this pasta?
- Cashew cream
- Grape Tomatoes
How to make this?
- Cook pasta noodles as directed in package
- Make cashew cream by blending cashews, water and salt
- Sauté mushrooms
- Throw in garlic and tomatoes
- Toss them all together in the pot with arugula and some herbs
Cashew Cream Mushroom Spaghetti
- 2 Cups mushrooms king trumpet & lions mane
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 1 Handful arugula
- 1 Pack Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 Cup cashews
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup tomatoes
- 1 Bulb garlic
- 1 Bunch basil
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for 9 minutes. Strain then run through cold water and then toss in some salt and olive oil.
- Make cashew cream by blending cashews, a bit of olive oil, water, nutritional yeast & salt. Feel free to adjust the consistency of your sauce, if it appears too thick add more water.
- Sauté mushrooms in a hot pan, season and set aside. Then sauté your tomatoes and garlic, deglaze with white wine. Then top it over the noodles, arugula and cashew cream.
- Make sure everything is thoroughly mixed and seasoned well. A squeeze of lemon would be nice too if you want a lively zest to cut the richness. Top and finish with fresh cut herbs and enjoy.