This easy cheesy vegan omelette is perfect if you’re craving for a healthy breakfast.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
What is Omelette
It is a dish made of beaten eggs fried in butter. The word omelette is French meaning “thin small plate” pertaining to the omelette’s flat shape. Its history can be traced as far back as ancient Persia, where cooks concocted savory meals with beaten eggs as a base. Although its origin is untraceable, the Omelet has been present in many different cultures. There is one myth that it originated when Napoleon and his army were traveling through a small town and the in keeper served him an Omelette. Napoleon loved it so much that he asked for all the eggs in the town to be cooked and served to the army the next day. It did mark the beginning of an annual festival in the town of Bessieres, France where every year a giant omelette is made for all the townspeople to enjoy.
How to make vegan omelette
Vegan egg products are now available and there’s a lot of brands out there that are really good. One of which is Just Egg. To make a vegan omelette, just replace your usual egg to a vegan egg product, use vegan butter, cheese and your choice of greens and vegetables. Oh we used vegan bacon seasoning in here as well. Vega using your favorite dish can be quite fun, exciting and fulfilling because you know you are feeding people good nutritious tasty meals.
Vegan omelette variations
- It may be paired with your favorite grain, chopped up and be included in a vegan platter, wrapped in tortilla.
- It can be served with toast and home fries.
- It can be served with beans and hot sauce if you are craving Mexican food.
- You can make an epic vegan sandwich by adding Caramelized onions and vegan bacon.
- The possibilities are endless! Get creative.
- 16 Oz Just Egg
- 1 Stalk Leek or any aromatic
- 8 Oz Kale
- 2 Slices Vegan cheese
- 3 Tbsp Vegan butter
- Sauté kale and leeks in vegan butter and olive oil. Feel free to use any aromatics and vegetables you have, maybe onion, garlic, and spinach. Season as you go. I used Delicou vegan bacon seasoning for this one.
- Pour in 1 16oz bottle of just egg as the veggies soften. Top with violife vegan cheese and turn heat to low until Omelette is fully cooked. Feel free to tilt the pan to evenly distribute the egg.
- You will know that it is fully cooked when there is no more liquid present. Serve and enjoy.