Been air frying potatoes and searing lemons lately. For this dish we got some vegan bacon from Thrilling Foods which will go on top of our flavorful Fennel Quinoa.
Why This Vegan Bacon
There’s a lot of vegan bacon out there but Thrilling Food Bacon kicks it up a notch by using traditional salting and smoking techniques resulting in a very aromatic & smokey slab of cruelty free bacon goodness. Lower in saturated fats and not requiring an animal’s life, vegan bacon is definItely worth trying. Using tofu as a main ingredient, Thrilling Food Bakon has definitely mastered the art of our favorite charcuterie with out the cruelty. Check out the marbling on those slices. They took the time to pepper it up with some spices too!
What you need
- Thrilling Food Vegan Bakon - I was surprised at the quality of this product. Aroma, texture and taste was on the money.
- Fennel - will be sautéing these together with quinoa and some of the vegan bacon
- Potatoes - Air frying them for a total of 20 minutes shaking 10 minutes in between.
- Quinoa - Cook till soft before adding to our fennel bacon saute.
- Lemons - Get the juice, slice the peel charr em up for some extra zest.
- Olive oil
- Vegan seasoning of choice
- Vegan Feta - crumble it up, final touch to your dish
- Cilantro or any other herb available - for garnish
- Air-fry Potatoes. Medium diced potatoes are marinated and seasoned with olive oil and lemon. Cajun spice and other seasonings too before you pop it in the air fryer.
- Cook quinoa. As your quinoa cooks, slice up some fennel and sauté in a pan with olive oil. toss some vegan bacon in there and some lemons too. Add quinoa, mix throughly, season as you go.
- In a non stick pan sear the rest of your vegan bacon and some lemons.
- By this time your potatoes should be done. lay them on top of the quinoa, do this with the vegan bacon and lemon as well. Garnish with feta snd herbs. I drizzled some of my infused olive oil too.
- Use Fonio, Wild rice, Orzo or Cous cous instead of quinoa. Cooking grains and seasoning them with infused oils and herbs does a lot to enhance the base of your meal
- Sweet potatoes, celeriac, parsnips are just some roots and tubers that contain vitamins and minerals snd are actually tasty when roasted then glazed with miso or agave mustard.
- Use leeks, Onions or any alliums on hand instead of fennel.
Vegan Bacon Lemon Potatoes
- 1 Pack Thrilling Foods “Bakon”
- 1 Bulb Fennel
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Piece Lemon
- 2 Cups Potato
- Airfry Potatoes. Cut potatoes into cubes, medium dice is ok. In a bowl toss the potato cubes in olive oil, salt and your choice of seasoning, maybe some Cajun seasoning. Airfry for 10 minutes at 400. Give it a good shake and go for another 10 minutes.
- Cook quinoa, in a pot of salted boiling water with a little bit of oil.
- Slice up fennel, sauté in a pan with olive oil, till translucent. Toss in half of the bacon, some lemons, mix in cooked quinoa. This will be your bed for the potatoes and “Bakon”.
- In a non stick pan, lay half of the bacon. Give it a good sear, sear some extra lemons too. Lemons turn really sweet if seared.
- Lay air-fried potatoes and seared Bakon on top of your Fennel Quinoa.